Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Positions

I want to start off by acknowledging how blessed Andrew and I are.  We put ourselves in situations that would make it financially difficult to get by, but somehow something always comes up that makes everything work out.  For example, last year during basketball season I was only able to work on Sundays because basketball interfered with my swing shift schedule.  But at the beginning of the season one of the Day Treatments Parents went to India  for a few weeks and asked us to stay with the boys which not only gave me full time hours, but also gave me some overtime and I was able to do school and basketball.  Well this time, both Andrew and I were trying to pay tuition and things were getting pretty tight, but right when we needed it most not just one of us, but both of us got promotions! 

I was at work a few weeks ago, when the principal asked me to come talk to him.  He told me that the health/aerobics teacher was leaving and asked if I would be interested in taking over.  I of course said yes and a couple weeks later I started. The best part is that I get to work out with the kids which I need to shed off those extra pounds before the upcoming cruise :).

Andrew had a similar situation.  He had really been needing a change at work, he was getting too comfortable with what he was doing and then one day a branch manager from Salt Lake called him and asked if he would be interested in transferring to his branch and being promoted.  Andrew said yes and the day before his interview, his current district manager called him and told him she had already promoted him and that she hopes he chooses to stay.  He was a little torn at first, but after some thought we decided that staying in Tooele would be the best option at least until he finishes school. So now Andrew gets to work more with businesses, which is exactly what he wanted.

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings."
Eric Hoffer

 
 

1 comment: