Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wicked Cool

I am updating the blog because of our weekend we spent down in KC Missouri.

It was the first time for me, andy. The city was pretty big and really dirty. As we were looking for our exit we accidentally missed it and ended up going in to Kansas City, Kansas. It was the dirtiest city I have ever seen in my life. For not being that big and definitely not the biggest city i have ever been to by a long shot (Toronto) it was amazingly dirty and terribly ugly! Luckily we found our way back to Mizzou and found our hotel.

After checking in to our hotel we decided to go check out some of the local restaurants, preferably a BBQ joint (KC is known for there barbecue). We made our way down to what they call the Plaza where we were directed to the location of Fiorelas Jack Stack Barbecue. If you think you know what barbecue is or what it should smell or taste like, it is very likely that you have NO IDEA what that is unless you have eaten at this KC original. It is near impossible for me to describe the aromas and the out of this world tastes that they provide at this institution.

After stuffing ourselves past what I thought was possible we made our way back to the hotel to sleep it off so that we would have enough energy for that evenings activities.

That night we went to see the musical Wicked. It was amazing! Easily the best show I have seen live and i have seen quite an array of shows. Everything about it was awesome, the best part was the girl who play Elphaba, the wicked witch, I have never in my life heard someone sing so well. I am not sure if anyone has heard this girl before but if you have you are lucky!
I think Meg really enjoyed herself, it was her first musical besides the high schools Les Mis earlier this year.

The entire trip was really nice and especially because we were just away from the everyday things in our lives and alone with each other.

This week we are trying to figure out a game plan for Christmas...it is kind of hard. With so many families doing so many different things makes it difficult.

One more thing about the trip. We had heard a lot of good things about these places called "Waffle House". Horrible, don't go there...dirty workers, dirty store, dirty tables, dirty dishes, dirty food.

1 comment:

  1. I've never walked into a waffle house. I think I have seen exactly one that looked at all inviting from the outside even. Never made it to KC, enjoyed seeing "tha Lou" though. The arch was awesome and there is a huge and nice free Zoo. Some of the worst neighborhoods Ive seen :)

    ReplyDelete