Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to Cedar City


This past weekend I went to Cedar City to visit my best friend Haley. Haley and I lived together down in Cedar our freshman and sophomore year of college before I got married. We used to have a blast so needless to say we were both very excited for our reunion. Our old friends Timmy Cluff and Kelly Huffaker also came down. The first day there we went to dinner for Kylee's roommates' birthday. We went to an Italian restaurant called speenos. It is fairly new to Cedar and wasn't there when I went to school at SUU unfortunately, because it was very yummy. After dinner we decided to go tagging in the sheep tunnels. (The sheep tunnels are these underground tunnels that go through cedar under the interstate that used to be used to herd the sheep. Hobos do live in them and it is scary!!) The sheep tunnels started off pretty mild and not too frightening…until Kelly and Timmy decided to take off running and of course all of the girls went crazy screaming and running saying there was someone at the end of the tunnel. Luckily for me, Nick and Lani Terry came along and I volunteered Lani to share her husband with me as my guard since my husband was back at home working. So as we were running for our life through the tunnel I held on to Nick's shirt. Once we caught up with Timmy and Kelly we learned that they were only racing and that there wasn't a reason to be scared at all. Once we were all able to calm down we took our turns at tagging, or spray painting. I of course tagged the usual A + M = Love.


On Saturday, we woke up bright and early to go rock climbing. Anyone who knows me knows my biggest fear is heights and that I will do almost anything to get an adrenaline rush. So I was pumped to go rocky climbing. Haley's boyfriend, Spencer who I met for the first time this weekend is really into rock climbing so he came along and let us use his equipment, Thanks Spencer! After rock climbing we took a hike to Kanarraville Falls. For anyone who is looking for a beautiful, fun hike, I would highly recommend this one. It's not very difficult either. At the top of the hike when you get to the waterfall you can actually slide down it. We had a lot of fun! That night we went out to dinner and then went to the adult park in St George. That night I had to decide whether to stay in Cedar and Go home early in the morning so I would be back for work or just leave that night. I decided to go home Saturday night because I had homework I knew wouldn't get done if I stayed in Cedar. I loved being able to see my besties again. This weekend was a success, Thanks guys!!

PICS TO COME

No comments:

Post a Comment