Friday, April 1, 2011

My Beloved Spring Break

 Is it just me or do the days before a big affair crawl by and then when the time actually gets there time flies?  That is exactly how my spring break felt.  My spring break was last week.  On Thursday, we headed down to St George.  The initial plan was to spend the weekend watching Aaron play tennis.  About a week before, Aaron's Jazz band made it to State and the competition was on Friday so he decided so go to his jazz competition and then hustle down to St George for part of the Tennis Tournament.  This meant that we had to find things to do for Thursday and Friday during the times we had planned on being at tennis.  This was an easy task.  We arrived in St George around noon on Thursday and as soon as we did the boys and girls went their seperate ways.  The boys (Andrew and JR) golfed 18 holes.  Andrew has done alot of golfing in his life, but this was Andrew's first time golfing 18 holes and I get the idea that he loved it because he's had a hankering for golf ever since.  While the boys were golfing, us girls (Bailey and Myself) went shopping.  The boys golfed for about 5 hours, while Bailey and I shopped for about 4 hourse and then spent the rest of our time napping (shopping is exhausting).  Later Thursday evening, Andrew and I met up with Haley and Spencer for a little double date night.  We ate at Mongolian BBQ, played lazer tag and arcade games and finished the night off with some frozen custard from Nielsons.  Friday and Saturday consisted of mostly shopping because the weather in St George was abnormally cold and rainy and on Saturday morning the tennis tournament got cancelled.  We left St George saturday afternoon and got back to Stansbury around 6 PM.  As soon as Andrew and I got to our house we laid down for a nap.  I didn't even think to set our alarms for the morning because I thought we would only sleep for a couple of hours, but I was wrong.  We both woke up at 4 AM from our "nap" and decided to just go back to sleep until morning.  I think we were slightly tired. 

Taken as a whole, my spring break was a success, even if it did go my entirely too fast.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera and was unable to take any pictures :(

No comments:

Post a Comment