Thursday, August 25, 2011

NEBRASKA.... The Good Life

When we drove into Nebraska the sign said, "Welcome to the Good Life".  I decided that Utah's sign should say, "Welcome to the Real Life".  I love going to Nebraska.  It's always so relaxing and this trip wasn't any different.  This spring, my dad got a new place on the river and we spent alot of time down there fishing and relaxing, my grandpa even drove down to fish with us for a couple days.  Unfortunately we didn't do much swimming until the day before we left because the river was so high and the weather was cooler, but we still had alot of fun.

While we were there we were able to:
  •  Spend a couple days with my grandma.  We took her out for her birthday, canned peaches and had a bbq with the rest of the family. 
  • Get Sushi with the cousins
  • Ride the dune buggy 
  • Listen to a good thunderstorm
We decided to head back to Utah at 4am Saturday morning, that's 3am Utah time and since I was used to getting up early I decided to drive first.  I had been driving for 5 hours and had started seeing signs that I was getting close to Sydney. After about 30 miles, Andrew finally woke up and asked where we were.  I told him that we should be to Sidney anytime and he decided to check his phone to see how far we had and luckily he did.  When he pulled up his GPS it said that we were on Highway 76 and we were in Colorado...  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! Ha I still don't know for sure, but I think it was a combination of the fatigueness and the fact that I was traveling at speeds between 95-100MPH.  Either way I was frustrated and so embarrassed.  Fortunately I was able to make my way back to I-80 and it only took us 40 extra minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment