Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hypnobirthing

I've always known that I would go all natural when I had a baby, but I didn't know what techniques I would use. (Don't worry, this doesn't get graphic)  The therapist that works in our home, aka the group home told me that he used to teach hypnobirthing and recommended it.  This was a new concept to me and I was intrigued, but also skeptical.  I ended up researching it more and decided to give it a try.  Andrew and I went to our first hypnobirthing class last night and we both loved it.  It focuses alot on controlling the mind and emphasizes that natural things, like giving birth shouldn't be painful, but society trains people to believe it has to be. It was a super interesting class and I'm excited for the weeks to come.  I was a little nervous about how Andrew would react to the class.  I thought for sure he would think it was weird, but he totally bought into it.... even more than me I think. 

1 comment:

  1. I always said I was going to do it natural and then I had contractions, back contractions, for 21 hours and I was like "Nope, I want an epidural NOW!" Lol. I hope that you are able to do it natural! I will give you props! Lol

    ReplyDelete