Sunday, April 14, 2013

Letting Go

Letting go can be hard, especially if you're like me.  Once I've let go of something I forget about why I let it go and I find myself into missing it. It's as if I forget about all of the bad things that made me let it go in the first place. This is something I've done for years.  Years back it was probably a boy and then maybe it was a house and now it is a job/living situation, the day treatment house to be more specific. 

It really started to hit me last week when Andrew and I went out for sushi with the girls we used to live with.  As we were driving through the neighborhood to pick them up Andrew and I started reminiscing of all the memories we had there and then to both of our surprise we confessed how much we missed it. We then had to stop and remind ourselves why we let it go.  We. Started. A. Family. We. Built. A. House. We Wanted. Alone. Time.  We. Needed. To. Give. 100%. To. Our. Son.

I realized that I need to be grateful that I had such a wonderful opportunity to make an impact on those girls lives and how blessed I am that I was able to have them in my life to make an impact on me.  I also need to remember that letting go is necessary to move on to bigger and better things and that is just what we are doing.  Life is going so well for us.  We are best friends, we have a perfect baby boy, a new house and we are making new memories everyday.

Letting go can be hard, but it is necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool and insightful, I needed to read that, so thanks Megan! I bet you and Andrew were amazing for those girls!

    ReplyDelete