Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our New Home

The last couple of days have been so long. Friday Andrew and I packed all day. I thought we would get it done in 3 hours tops... WRONG. It really took us all stinkin day. Then the next day we headed East to Nebraska. JR and Aaron helped us move out and we're so grateful for that. It was nice to have them along and it also saved us alot of money. It was especially nice to have Aaron along because we took turns driving my car so I got a couple of breaks. We finally made it to out house here in Elkhorn Nebraska around 1 Am Nebraska time. Today The 4 of us went to our new ward and spent a couple hours showing JR and Aaron around Arlington. Andrew and I are really excited about going to our new ward and Andrew already made a friend. This little guy named Juan. He came up to Andrew after sacrement and talked his ear off and then when Andrew told him we would see him next sunday he said We should try harder next time. We think he was saying we should try harder to be on time because we were running a little late today. It was funny. After doing a little running around JR and Aaron decided to start making their way back to Utah. This was the hardest part of the move for me. It was hard to say goodbye to our moms because I knew I would miss them so much but this feeling was much different. I was actually scared for JR to leave. I think it was because I knew once he left there was no turning back, and it was comforting having him and Aaron there because it was the one thing that wasn't new. I'm excited but nervous about all the new experiences we're going to have while in Nebraska. Andrew and I will have to learn to depend on eachother more instead of our parents, but I know that's what we need and I think living here will help us with that. After the boys left Andrew and I finally had a chance to spend some quality time together. We have been so busy the last few days that we really haven't had time to do that. In fact I don't think we've hung out with just the two of us since out honeymoon, which was a blast. Anyway, after hanging out for a little bit we got to work with the unpacking. We have 2 of the guest bedrooms pretty much finished and that's it. The living room and Kitchen are still packed with boxes so we have alot of work to do the next few days.
This is us on our honeymoon. We rented a waverunner and it was a blast. We only had one little accident which is really good for the two of us


Our first meal at our new home. Andrew grilled for us!









No comments:

Post a Comment