Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scabies?

I thought I would give a little update since the last time I blogged Andrew's skin issues hadn't appeared. We aren't too sure what's going on all we know is whatever it is it's spreading... And I haven't gotten it yet. It started out looking like bug bites on his arm. Some of them were in a straight line and there were 3 of them. Then they started to spread, get bigger and itch. Within two days his arms were covered and it seemed like they would always show up after he had slept. We thought maybe he got bug by spiders because we slept on the floor one night but then we started sleeping in the bed and they still kept spreading so I washed all of our bedding to see if that would help but it hasn't. Then the marks on his arm started to scab and look like reashes and everyday when we wake up he has new marks on other parts of his body. Yesterday they spread around his belly and back and to his legs, then while we were working he text me and said he got one on his eye lid. It's been going on for about a week and yesterday I decided it was time he needed to see a doctor. We've been asking my family what they think it could be and most of them have said possibly scabies. Which is pretty gross. It's a bug under the skin that bites, and they are suppose to bite the most at night. I've been doing alot of research on it and I also found out that if you wait to treat it it will get to the point that it will be impossible to sleep because they will be so bad at night. i also read that it can take 2 to 3 months for symptoms to show, so if it is scabies who knows how long he has had it. Ha I probably have them and dont even know. I'm hoping it's not that though and maybe it something less severe. I don't know maybe scabies isn't as severe as I think but it just sounds bad..... and gross! Well we are going to the doctor on my lunch break to find out whats going on so I will update later.

1 comment:

  1. Did you wash your bedding and clothes after he started using that medicated cream because you will need to!?

    ReplyDelete