Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

As you can tell, I'm a little but behind on blogging but today I am attempting to catch up.  So here goes nothing.  Thanksgiving break was fabulous! Ok next topic......JK.  My break from school wasn't suppose to start until Thursday (Thanksgiving Day), but thanks to the "blizzard" School got cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday.  Basketball practice also got cancelled Tuesday night by the district due to the storm so Andrew and I had the night to ourselves.  We played some games, ate, watched glee and after we had about 6 inches of snow we decided to go play in it.
WEDNESDAY- Andrew had to go to work so I stayed home and made Chilli.  It was my first time making it and I must say it was pretty yummy, Andrew even rated it a 10!
THANKSGIVING DAY- Andrew started his day off by playing in a little Turkey Bowl and because of this I had the pleasure of hearing him complain about how sore he was for the next week :).  After the turkey bowl we went to his parents for some food.  It was nice to be around the whole fam,eat lots of food, watch How To Train Your Dragin and of course take a nap.  After the nap we headed over to my parents for another big meal.  Along with eating, we watched some football and played some cards.  It was an overall successful Thankgiving!
BLACK FRIDAY- After last year I am officially a black friday shopper for life.  Some people, including my mom wouldn't be caught dead shopping on black friday.  Some complain you have to get up to early, others dont like the lines but I think all of those things are worth it to feel the holiday spirit I feel on black friday.  This year I went with my mother-in-law, Kristine.  We left at 1:45AM and headed to Kohls, which opened at 3:00AM.  The lines were crazy but we got what we wanted.  We then headed to the mall and got somemore great deals.  We shopped until about 3PM and by that time were pretty exhausted. 

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, doing nothing and enjoying our time away from school and work and that was fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment