Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Andy!

We celebrated Andrew's 25th Birthday Yesterday.  I'm reluctant to admit this, but with his birthday falling on the Monday of finals week, I wasn't planning on doing anything too big for his birthday.  Well when Andrew heard this he quickly guilt tripped me into changing my mind.  I heard "It's my quarter of  century birthday" and "but hun, I'm going to be 25".  After that I decided I was being a bit selfish for not planning something.  On Saturday, two days before his birthday, I decided to call some of our family and invite them over for a little birthday party.  Sunday night we went to my parents for his birthday dinner and then on monday his family came to our house for dinner.  I'm always a little nervous to cook for people other than Andrew because though the food usually tastes good, it often looks strange, but I think it turned out ok.  Andrew also wanted to have his moms chocolate sheet cake that she always makes for birthday, but instead of having her make it he wanted me to make it.  Andrew doesn't know this, but after getting the recipe from Kristine, I thought it would be safer to just stick with a box cake and add a few extra ingredients.  I did stick with Kristine's frosting recipe, which is the best part and the cake turned out pretty dang good for my first try.  Andrew even rated it a 10 out of 10 :) ( I don't think he's ever rated anything I've made below a 10 so maybe he is just being nice or is just extremely happy that I attempted).  After our family left we rented the movie Black Swan.  We had heard that is was a really good movie, but both Andrew and I were a little creeped out and didn't care for it too much.  Other than the movie, Andrew's Birthday was a success.  It was nice to be able to spend time together and with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment