Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hole In The Boat

Most would disagree, but since I've been in Nebraska the weather has been amazing!!  The first few days were extrememly HOT (2 days in a row temperatures were record high).  While everyone was complaining about how hot it was, my dad and I would be out airboating on the river.  On Tuesday, after being on the river for only 20 minutes, my dad was getting ready to go under a bridge and was paying attention to whether or not the boat would fit under it when the current got a hold of the boat and took us into the side of the bridge and put a hole in the side of the boat.  At first I was a little nervous because water was spraying in the boat.  Fortunately, there's a pump in the boat that just pumped the water out and we were able to go from sand bar to sand bar.
Our attempt to stop the water was to plug the hole with a t-shirt, that helped for about three seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment