Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to the real world... almost

We had quite an amuzing trip full of boating, fishing and family.... Oh and how could I forget sushi. Yes we did go out for sushi not once, but twice. While living in Nebraska Andrew and I became fans of a restaurant, only 5 miles from our old house in elkhorn, called Kona Grill. Kona has everything from sushi (my favorite) to 5 spice BBQ chicken Pizza (Andrews favorite) The best part about Kona is that they have a reverse happy hour from 10 pm to midnight where everythings half off. So of course Andrew and I had to take advantage of that one night and then on Sunday before we left for Utah we went back for a strictly sushi meal with my cousin Kyle.

We also did lots of boating. My dad bought an airboat this spring. For those of you who dont know what an airboat is, it's the kind of boat that has a big fan on the back and can go over water and land. They are typically used on rivers and thats where we spent about 40% of our time this Nebraska trip. We would ride up the river a couple mile, stop at a fishing hole, ride a little more and then stop at a sand bank and swim for a bit. I'm proud to say that out of my dad, Andrew and Myself I definitely caught the best fish, I also caught the biggest, not to brag or anything :).

On Thursday Andrew and I drove to Page Nebraska where my grandma and grandpa Oltjenbruns are now residing. My younger cousins Zach, Bre and Cayden were there and oh boy do those kids LOVE Andrew. When we lived in Nebraska Andrew and Zach, who is 14 became buddies. They used to wrestle in our livingroom while I would follow them around moving all the breakable things we had. Well, things haven't changed. The first thing Andrew did when he saw Zach was get him in a head lock and started wrestling him on the front porch. It was great to see them all. I think that's the thing we miss most about living in Nebraska, the family.

On Sunday we went to the fremont lakes with my Aunt Julie. We laid out and did some swimming. The plan was that we would leave monday morning at 4 am but we finished up having Sushi with Kyle around 7 Sunday night and decided that we would just head out sunday night. I must say that Andrew was a champ!! Haha I started out driving and drove until about midnight and then Andrew drove the majority of the way after that. After 15 hours of driving, four 5-hr energy drinks and a couple of nap stops we finally made it home around noon on monday.

We had a great, relaxing trip but are now having to adjust to being back in the realy world. Andrew started work Tuesday and I start school this monday, Aug 23 :). I also turn 21 that day whoo whoo! I'm not excited or anything ;). So next week we will be back to our hectic lifestyles consisting of school and work and thats the way we like it.... most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment