Monday, November 22, 2010

My Job

Today I am thankful for my job.  I have the unique opportunity to work at a residential treatment center for adolescents.  I LOVE my job and I feel really blessed to be working there.  Like any job, it has it's ups and downs but for the most part my job is great. After living in Utah for the majority of my life, I've gotten used to the Utah culture.  I'm sure everyone in Utah knows what I'm talking about.  But the kids I work with opened my eyes and reminded me that there's more going on out there.  Before working here, I would make judgements about people if I wasn't familiar with their lifestyle and be unaware of it. I believe that it is impossible to make an accurate judgement about someone without knowing everything about them and even then, who are we to judge?  Now, if I make a judgement about someone I try to catch myself and make myself aware that I'm making a judgement and push it out of my head.   I can now do this because of people I've gotten to know through my job and the things they have taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment