Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No Complaints - Andrew

It is Tuesday and I have 0 complaints. This past weekend was great! On Friday i went with my dad and my brothers to the annual 4th ward fathers and sons!!! There is nothing like it! Though I cannot tell you all that went on, "what happens on the mountain, stays on the mountain", I will give you a run down. Basically there is A LOT of dutch oven meals that are cooked and you can eat as much as you'd like. After everyone ate and settled down a bit, there was a program. In the program there were a couple of speakers, including me, and Ben also performed a song. It was awesome. After the program, the party started. Singing, fire dancin, strumming on the guitars, plucking the banjos and the bass all synced in to what ended up being a jam session for the ages. This event every year is something that I hope I can share with my boys. After everything settled down a group of men and boys did their best to stay up all night. An award of pride that is coveted by every man and boy every year. I just happened to be one of the final 5 that finished strong and watched the sun come up over the mountain side. This was my 5th time doing so.

On Saturday I spent all day helping my family build their new deck. It was a lot of work but it was very worth it! The best part of that day was that Meg decided to drive up to GCity to hang out with me and her fam. I kind of felt bad because i was so ridiculously tired that I fell a sleep on her.

Sunday we had the opportunity to go to Tyler's sacrament meeting. It was a very powerful meeting. The spirit was so strong and the testimonies that were born were wonderful. After the meeting we spent some time at the brunch that was held and at each of our households.

I finally got paid yesterday and was able to deposit it in to my account. Hallelujah!

Overall a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment