Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our First Date: Megan


I had known of Andrew just like everyone knows of everyone in Grantsville but I had never taken the opportunity to really get to know him. That is until July of 2009. I started hanging out with Andrews good friend Paul. ( I later found out that Andrew is the one who persuaded Paul to start talking to me on Facebook) Anyway Paul and I worked together and became pretty good friends. I remember Paul and I used to talk about Andrew and how he was getting out of a relationship and how we felt really bad for him :). Anyway, one day Paul and I decided we would invite Andrew to go swimming with us. We went to his house to convince him to go but when we got there him and his brother Aaron were doing P90X. Andrew didn't seem too interested in going to the pool instead he invited Paul and I to workout with them. Paul turned him down but I said I was down. Somehow I got out of that and we persuaded Andrew and Aaron to come swimming. That was the first time Andrew and I hung out together, even though we weren't actually there for eachother. Over the next few weeks Paul and I would hang out with Andrew occasionally, but I don't think Andrew or myself ever thought something would happen between us. July 24th was the day things started to change. Paul and I invited Andrew to come to Casa with us for lunch and though he wasn't hungry he came anyway. It was kind of funny because a girl he had been hanging out with for a while was there and I kept giving him advice about what he should do about her and I convinced him to go talk to her. After that Andrew tried convincing Paul and I not to go to work but both of us said no. After leaving Casa Andrew and I began texting and I decided not to go to work.... but not so I could hangout with Andrew. Instead I went to St George with another friend. The next day things weren't going to well in St George so I decided to come home early and on my way home I text Andrew to see if he still wanted to hang out. The next day we were discussing what we should do that night and I asked him if he had fishing poles, he text back and said he was just going to ask me if I wanted to go fishing. That's when I started getting axcited about our first date.
That night we both went to the Miss Tooele County pagaent seperatly and afterwards he picked me up in his little red truck. (Yes he did squeal his tires and yes I loves it!) We went to the dam but quickly learned it wasn't the best night to be fishing. The wind was blowing 100 mph and it made things very interesting. Andrew entertained me by trying to string my pole. He kept tangling the string, dropping the weights and to top things off everytime he would stand up his chair would blow away. After about an hour of no success we decided to pack up our things and head to the truck. When we got to the truck we sat in the back and talked and looked at the stars. I knew right away that there was something between us. Everything was so easy and fun with him. After the dam we went to Denny's. I had never spent that long of a time at Denny's in my life and I didn't even mind it. Everything was so laid back with And. We laughed and joked but could also talk about more serious things. On our way home from Denny's And and I decided to make up a little game. I think it was more that I insisted that he closed his eyes while he was driving and let me direct him, and so he did. I had never laughed so hard in my entire life. Sometimes I would laugh so hard that I couldn't open my eyes.... that was scary. After driving around grantsville, playing our game for about an hour I decided it was probably time for him to drop me off. As soon as I got into bed and was trying to fall asleep I realized that I had just had the best first date of my life. I decided to text Andrew. Come to find out both of us agreed that we wished the date hadn't ended yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment