Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trembling Soul-andy

On the evening of the Father's and Son's I had the opportunity to talk a little bit to the priesthood holders in our ward and in the twelfth ward. My Dad asked me to do so. He also asked me if I would focus on the importance of the priesthood to me while I was growing up.

I talked a little bit about the opportunity that young men have to use the priesthood and how i really feel that they should take advantage of those opportunities. After about 3 minutes of baring my testimony I sat down among the crowd of fellow men. I immediately felt the power of the Holy Ghost overwhelm me. It had been over a year since I took the opportunity to bare my testimony and it felt amazing. I was brought to tears by the power I felt. Not only was the spirit so strong to bring me tears and because of the absence of my testimony for so long, my soul trembled. It was as though I was relieving myself of all the evil and uncleanliness that had built up inside of me. My bosom was then filled with a warm, comforting sensation that reminded me of the happiness that is promised to us when we make the right decisions in life. I am truly grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that it has been fully restored to the earth. This knowledge is what keeps me going daily, I know with Faith in our Savior that anything can happen. No man can enjoy true eternal happiness without the blessings of the gospel and the Savior as his guide.

I cannot wait until the day that I am sealed for all time and eternity to my beautiful Megan. That will easily be the best day of my life so far...until then, that day WILL be June 6, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment